"I'm no model lady, a model's just an imitation of the real thing."-Mae West

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To David. My Good Friend.

Dear David,
    Hey there. I already know I'll be sobbing by the end of this letter, but I don't think you'll mind that much. I feel you with me reading this right now. I want you to know that you are one of the very best friends I have ever had or ever will have. You are funny and upbeat every single day; you brighten the darkest clouds in the middle of a storm. You are also one of the most generous people that have ever lived. You always think of others before yourself. I can still remember all the times you have brought our whole honors class candy or cupcakes because you felt like we needed a boost.  You are one of the first hands in the air to volunteer for any project big or small and you are a necessity to our little family-class. I have, to this day, never heard you utter a cruel word or snide remark about anyone, and you never complain of too much work or stress. We've been close for three years now and you have done so much that I have not returned. You've showed me many new songs and even dances that I would have never known existed if it were not for your eclectic tastes. You share my love for literature, and I cannot count how many activity periods we have spent discussing the latest novel we were reading. I was so excited when you told me about everything in your life getting better and better. I promise you this is only the beginning. Life is a wide open road for you to go wherever you feel the wind is blowing you. It can only get better from here. You have your wonderful parents who you have bragged to me about time and time again and you have your family here at school. We will always be there for you to come to. We will hold you if you need to be held. We will laugh, cry, sing, dance, and bend over backwards to make you smile. You have always had one of the best smiles God ever created. I promise to help you keep it there. David you are so important to me and I don't know how I could ever live without you. I will love you and remember you for the rest of my life. Please tell Jesus and Jimmy hi for me.
                                   Sincerely,
                                     Whitney Gabrielle Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment