"I'm no model lady, a model's just an imitation of the real thing."-Mae West

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why Can't I Have Chicken at 5 a.m.?

   Why is it that restaurants, especially the ones that are dedicated to giving it to us our way, sometimes completely neglect what we want. For instance, if I were to go to my local McDonald's at five in the morning and ask for chicken nuggets, I would be cruelly denied. This restaurants purpose is to serve hungry, paying customers. So why then, might I ask, can I not purchase any food they serve at any time of day? Do they mysteriously run out of chicken nuggets every morning until the chicken nugget fairy comes along at eleven? This idea is ludicrous. I'm not going to be "lovin' it" if I can't get the food that I desire because the workers are too lazy to turn on the deep fryer just yet. As I can infer from experience, not everyone loves pancakes every single day. Restaurants would generate a bigger profit if they displayed more lunch and dinner variety foods on their breakfast menu.
    Also, I have a job in a fast food restaurant, so I have a few more complaints that most people never experience. For instance, when our restaurant gets busy, it is sometimes very difficult to take orders, keep the lobby clean, make sure everything is stocked and orderly, give out food, wash dishes, and refrain from strangling a few customers in the process. Why then, can they not just call in one more worker to help? By no means could our restaurants not afford another worker at any point in the day. And also, there are employees at the fast food restaurant I work that are, to put it nicely, lazy bums. Some, even managers, expect me to do everything and then a little extra for what they aren't doing. I think that if a manager isn't actually working, then they shouldn't be getting paid. Some managers even sit and eat the food the rest of us are trying hard to prepare and serve. And the last thing that ticks me off as an employee of a fast food restaurant is that I don't get free food. After putting in all my time and energy I deserve a cheeseburger that I don't have to use my paycheck on. As long as an employee doesn't go overboard and feed his or her family with free food, it should be allowed on work days. And that should even include chicken nuggets at five in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment