"I'm no model lady, a model's just an imitation of the real thing."-Mae West

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To the Most Amazing Woman in the World

Dear Mom,
  First of all, I love you. You brought me into this world and made the ultimate sacrifice to raise me and give me the amazing life I enjoy today. If it weren't for you I would not be the person I am today. You are my real-life superhero. You have watched me grow, helped me up when I've fallen, held me when I've cried, fought away the monsters, cured the belly aches, kissed the boo-boos, made me meal after meal, and been there through the rough and gentle waters. Your love is one of the only that will stand the test of time and continue for all eternity. Even when I mess up, you are always there to tell me that it's okay and that mistakes are made. You don't see my faults, but look past those with your glasses made of the purest and kindest love. Your warmth says I love you and I need you when the world says nothing of the sort. You are there to lend a helping hand, scrutinizing mind, soft embrace, or ever intent ear on any occasion I call for them. Our relationship has transformed over the years from the separation anxiety of my youth to the rebellious phase of my adolescence to the shining, golden friendship and companionship of my young adulthood. Now I not only view you as my mother, but as one of my most cherished friends. I look forward to the times we will share as the years go on, and you will be one of the first I look for when I pass the golden gate you have always taught me about and reared me toward. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for teaching me about God, people, boys, food, womanhood, and every other subject that would take me all day long to recite. You have been and will always be the most incredible woman I know. I love you from the very bottom of my heart. 
Love forever and always, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment